The secret to online success is singular - TRAFFIC. Your ability to attract traffic (and capture your audience) is dependent on a number of factors, namely:
- the type of site
- the popularity of the niche
- the value of your content
- your method of monetisation
On this website, you will notice that I stress traffic and the importance of your niche over and over again - because those are the two most important aspects of making money online.
Here are some of the important Success Secrets as they apply to these sites:
Secret to Directory Sites
A successful directory site is built around a profitable niche. These sites are particularly useful in local areas, where it is easy to rank. However, it is not necessary to stick to your local town or country - you could market a directory site anywhere. Technology allows businesses to operate from anywhere.The key is to find a great niche, and competitive keywords that will bring a lot of traffic to your site.
Secret to Niche Sites
Starting a niche site is an excellent way to make money online, provided you choose the right niche. Niche sites are built on quality content and they rank well within profitable niches.
Secret to Blogging
In addition to a profitable niche, a blogging site requires regular, fresh content. By posting new blog posts several times a week, you will keep your readers' attention, and they will keep on returning to your site for more. They will also be more likely to engage you and share your posts with other people.
Secret to Forums
As with all other sites, you need a profitable niche and fresh content. Depending on the niche you choose, your members will post topics, and sometimes you will have to post new topics to keep things moving along.
Secret to Subscription Sites
Again, you need to choose a profitable and popular niche. Since you will be selling information, you need to keep it regularly updated with fresh content. Be sure to add value added services or deals for subscribers and partners.
If you want to make money selling advertising on your site, you will need to attract advertisers who will be prepared to pay for ads. They want to know that they are getting a good deal, and you have to package the deal properly.
To do this, you will need:
- A Professional Pitch Page - This page should list your advertising packages and information about your site's demographics and any other selling points.
- Impressive Site Stats - Show off your stats with impressive screenshots. Potential advertisers want to see your unique visitors, bounce rate and page ranks.
- Testimonials - Post a few (legitimate) testimonials from happy advertisers who have reaped great results from advertising on your site. Don't be shy to ask for testimonials, and ask them to include how long they have been advertising on your site, where they advertised before, and why they would recommend advertising on your site.