ClickBank (CB) is the premier marketplace for digital information products. CB offers a great connection between the creators of digital content and affiliate marketers.
"Since 1998, ClickBank has helped tens of thousands of people gain more financial control and freedom by turning their knowledge, passions, hobbies, and work experiences into an additional source of ongoing income. Through ClickBank’s innovative online platform, these infopreneurs receive the tools, training, and access to a global network of over 100,000 affiliate marketers so they can profitably market unique and useful information products to niche audiences all around the world."
If you have a high-traffic website, but you're not yet signed up to ClickBank, you are probably missing out on potential earnings. CB is perfect for website owners, bloggers and online retailers and the most enticing factor is that you can earn commissions of up to 75%.
The company encourages affiliates to select recurring subscription products and uses an advanced tracking system, HOPLINK to track your sales. It has a 60-day cookie duration.
ClickBank has an excellent reputation for paying their affiliates on time. You can request to be paid weekly and a direct deposit option is available too.
1.1 How ClickBank Works
There are two sides to CB: Marketplace for Vendors and Network for Affiliates. For now, we will focus on the affiliate programme.
To use CB and earn commissions, you need to first sign up for an account, then you need to select the products you want to promote from the thousands available. You will have to promote these products in your newsletter and on your website, and when someone makes a purchase, you will earn a commission.
1.2. Joining ClickBank
In order to sell products from ClickBank, you need to sign up to the network.
- Go to http://www.clickbank.com/clickbank-for-affiliates/ and read more about how CB works.
- Click on sign-up http://www.clickbank.com/signup/ and select whether you have an established audience, or whether you are a new affiliate. As a beginner, you will find excellent information on using ClickBank as a new affiliate marketer here: http://www.clickbank.com/signup/beginner-affiliate/
- At the bottom of the page, you will see another sign-up link, which you need to click on.
- Complete the application form with accurate details. Pay special attention to the payee name. Cheque or electronic payments require the exact same name, which may differ from the name used for the CB account.
- Read the Client Contract thoroughly, as it contains information on how you will be promoting the products. Failure to abide by the rules may cause your account to be suspended.
- Click on Submit. CB will send an email to the email address you registered with. You will need to click on a link in that email to verify your account.
1.3. ClickBank Dashboard
The CB Dashboard is a great launching pad that connects your entire account to the rest of the platform. From here you can see your daily and weekly sales figures and access many of the important aspects of the site that you will use frequently.
1.4. Finding a Product to Sell
The CB Marketplace contains thousands of products for you to promote on your website.
Find out how to use the Market Place here: https://support.clickbank.com/entries/22802962-Using-the-Marketplace
1.5. Select a Recurring Billing Product
One of the best ways to keep on making money as a ClickBank affiliate is to promote recurring billing products. Find out more about RBPs here: https://support.clickbank.com/entries/22833122-Promoting-Recurring-Billing-Products