To Google and most other search engines, Content is Key. Sites with high-quality, relevant content consistently outrank similar sites with better designs.
However, your content has to be unique, because Google will never index or link to a site with duplicate content. The link will go to the first site that published that specific content.
There's a lot more to creating good content than good spelling and grammar, sentence structure, word use and syntax. Good content incorporates the following elements:
Content style and voice is the way in which your personality shines through the text. This has to be consistent throughout your site.
Reader skills and interests determine whether a reader understands your content and whether you appeal to his or her interests through your content. The key is to write in an engaging tone, rather than a hard-sell style. Good content engages a reader emotionally and fosters trust.
SEO considerations include the correct keyword use in certain areas of the title and content, such as in the first and last paragraph, and in sub-headers. It requires practice to learn how to naturally incorporate keywords without keyword stuffing - a practice that is frowned upon by readers and Google alike. Keyword density is calculated by determining the amount of times the keyword is used, based on the length of the text. The correct keyword density ranges between 1.5-3%.
Professional SEO copywriters are taught that the optimum length of sentences, is 25 words. It can be very hard for inexperienced writers to get to the point in so few words. Each paragraph should consist of 2-3 sentences, and an article, depending on the required length, could be 5-8 paragraphs long.
Good content incorporates your marketing goals. It is written in a way that underscores your marketing message and branding strategy.
Why use a Professional Content Writer?
As you can see, writing high quality content is about much more than a good command of the language. If you are a perfectionist, like me, you may take hours to write a short piece of content, which might take a professional an hour. Professional content writers don't only write website content, but also blog posts, email marketing newsletters, sales pages, e-books and more. You will own all copyrights to the content, so there is absolutely no risk.
Hiring a content writer is simple, and much more affordable than you might think.
How it works:
- Find a copywriter: You can find a professional copywriter on any of the popular outsourcing platforms, such as oDesk or Fiverr, or contact us.
- Define your requirements and ask for a quote: Supply the copywriter with your specifications, and any available research documents. Everything is done via email - simple, fast and easy.
- Accept quote: The copywriter will give you a quote based on a per-word, fixed, or hourly rate and will give you an estimated completion date.
- Submit your payment: The copywriter will submit an invoice. Most copywriters charge upfront, and offer one or two free small revisions.
- Reap the rewards: Once you receive your content, you can upload it to your site.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Content Writer
Apart from the simplicity of hiring a professional copywriter, also bear in mind the following benefits:
- You can spend your own time on more important, fun aspects of your business, especially if you will be running several sites. This means that you can launch large or small projects in less than half the time, and reap profits sooner.
- You don't have to worry about optimisation, keyword density, spelling, grammar, syntax, or anything else. You can rest assured that your content will be impressive.
- The content pays for itself over and over. Professional content delivers better results, both with Google and with your readers.
- You can rely on 100% original, 100% unique, high-quality content delivered to your specifications, without paying an arm and a leg.
- You don't have to spend money on content writing gimmicks such as spinning software (stay away from that!), in-depth grammar checkers, or duplicate and keyword density checking tools - the content writer has all of that already!
[ TABLE OF CONTENTS ]
[ BACK TO TOP ]